Ceramic multi-electrode arrays having platinum recording sites and polyimide insulation produced using precise photolithographic techniques.
- Robust and reproducible
- Versatile design for rats, mice, non-human primates and other small animal species.
- Biocompatible materials and design features.
- Platform for testing surface modifications: organic layers, enzymes, “nanostructures”.
- Adaptable to “on board” electronics and optical fibers.
- Unique properties of the Pt recording surface provide exceptional catalytic activity.
- Long lasting designs for implantation (days, weeks, months, years?)
A partial list of neurotransmitters and metabolic markers which can be measured in vivo in the CNS using Microelectrode Arrays is shown below:
Ceramic based microelectrode arrays are available through the CenMet Service Center at http://www.ukycenmet.com.
Continue to next section > > > Enzyme-based MEA Biosensors